domingo, 20 de abril de 2008

A letter of complain

2, Lakes Street
Brighton
Sussex, England
CT19 5JY

20th April 2008

Social Services
Town Council
23, Main Street

Brighton, Sussex
CT19 5JY


Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a neighbour whose home has been evacuated the last Saturday and who has been relocated on the number 2 of Lakes Street. I want to tell you that my wife and I are very satisfied about your intervention. Our new flat is as comfortable as our old flat, and the installations run very well. Despite all this, I want to complain about two things.

First of all, the building has not got a lift, so, we have to go upstairs on foot. You could think that it is not a problem, because we have been placed on the first floor, however, my wife is 75 and I am 78. Moreover, my wife is suffering varicose veins, therefore, she cannot walk very well and it is really tiring for us to go upstairs on foot.

Secondly, in the building, there are some people who are very annoying. For example, on our same floor there are three foreign students. They organise a lot of parties and at night they do a lot of noise. Furthermore, there is a disco-bar on the street floor, which is also very noisy. Finally, there are some peculiar people: a prostitute and a group of illegal immigrants.

I look forward to your replay

Yours faithfully,



Anthony Gimmerton

1 comentario:

Barrie dijo...

Hi Quim, thanks for your post.